What is Fertility Massage?
Fertility Massage Therapy is a non-invasive treatment which is focused on working the abdomen and lower back area, to help bring the organs, ligaments, and muscles back into correct alignment.
What are the benefits of Fertility Massage?
Regularly receiving Fertility massage provides many benefits to the reproductive system. Some of the most important benefits are:
- Boosts circulation to our womb, fallopian tubes, and ovaries, encouraging natural movement, and helping to clear physical and emotional congestion.
- Helps to reduce tension and scar tissue in the abdomen, which can be caused by Endometriosis, previous surgeries, and inflammation.
- Helps the body to rid itself of old stagnant blood and tissue, to create a healthy and clear womb.
- To help the womb be in the correct alignment.
- Massaging the digestive system, encourages elimination from the digestive tract, easing constipation, trapped wind and bloating. (80% of our immune system lives within our digestive track, immunity, digestion and fertility are closely linked).
As much as 40% of unexplained infertility may be the result of immune problems, as are as many as 80% of “unexplained” pregnancy losses.
Carolyn B. Coulam, M.D. and Nancy P. Hemenway: “Immunology May Be Key to Pregnancy Loss”
Some of the conditions that can be helped by Fertility Massage
- Unexplained infertility
- Painful or irregular menstrual cycles
- Pre-Menopause or menopause symptoms
- PMS / Depression prior to menstruation
Although this is called Fertility Massage, this can be of benefit to anyone suffering from any reproductive or digestive problems, whether they are looking to start a family or not.
What to expect during a treatment
During your Fertility Massage session, a variety of techniques may be included, depending on your needs such as:
- Guided visualisations
Consultation & Treatment Plan
During the initial consultation which will last up to 90 minutes, we will discuss your health and fertility journey so far, and will give us time to discuss any concerns you may have and go over the consultation form, which will be sent to you, at least, a week prior to your appointment.
Please bring with you any copies of blood or semen analysis results you may have, so that I can see if there are any areas we need to work on.
During the consultation, a treatment protocol to meet your needs will be planned. I recommend a further 3 / 4 weekly therapy sessions so that I can work through a whole menstrual cycle.
Following that we can then evaluate how you have responded to the treatments and proceed from there, usually a treatment once or twice per month thereafter.