Pregnancy massage is specifically tailored to your needs, it is safe and available to you once you have had your 12-week scan, right through until baby decides to arrive!
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
The many benefits of pregnancy massage are reduced stress levels, decreased swelling/oedema in arms and legs, it also relieves aches and pains in muscles and joints.
Furthermore, it is a great aid to promote a restful sleep and help relieve symptoms of pregnancy-related insomnia, especially during the last trimester.
Pregnancy massage is a popular complementary therapy for back pain, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited.
Not only can pregnancy massage be physically beneficial, but the human touch can be comforting and provide emotional support during your pregnancy and preparation for giving birth.
- Relief from muscle discomforts such as tightening, stiffness and knots
- Cramp during pregnancy (link to my Pregnancy Massage Surrey website)
- Promote relaxation and relieve insomnia
- Help to relieve the symptoms of SPD/PGP (link to my Pregnancy Massage Surrey website)
- Pregnancy massage therapy has also been found to reduce anxiety and depression caused by hormonal changes
Aromatherapy essential oils safe for use during your pregnancy are also available if required, which are a huge benefit during pregnancy, and can be a great benefit if you a suffering morning sickness, stretch marks and also enhances the benefits of massage.
Please let me know if you would like these to be added to your massage oil.
Are there any times that pregnancy massage should be avoided?
Although massage during pregnancy is great for women with a normal, low-risk pregnancy, there are a few times where massage may not be recommended or a Dr’s/Midwives consent is needed:-
- High blood pressure
- Blood clots/Deep Vein Thrombosis (D.V.T)
- Bleeding / Leaking
- If the pregnancy is classed as high risk (depending on the reason, some techniques may need to be avoided)
If at any time during the massage you experience discomfort, please let me know straight away.
Click here for more pregnancy massage related information, via my Pregnancy Massage Surrey website.