I have had many massages over the years, and it always annoys me when they leave out the abdomen massage (no I will not names, names :)).
I just don’t like the fact that I don’t get asked if I want my abdomen massaged or not. I was always trained when giving a FULL body massage that was an area to be treated too!.
Very rarely some of my clients find the stomach to be an area that they do not like to be massaged for one reason or another, which is absolutely fine with me (just let me know at the beginning of the massage and I can work on an area of your choosing for longer), but practically all say to me how relaxing it is and they can feel it all gurgling and moving after a 5/10 minute massage.
But I will always offer it!
Also, please do not be embarrassed by the noises your stomach makes after a massage, this is perfectly normal and natural.
The Benefits of an Abdomen Massage:
- Research has found that abdominal massage decreases the severity of gastrointestinal symptoms such as constipation and abdominal pain syndrome
- Relief of anxiety feelings such as “knots” or “Butterflies” in the stomach
- Improves digestion
- Helps increase peristalsis
- Increases oxygenated blood supply to the organs such as the liver, gall bladder and pancreas, which therefore helps them to release their metabolic waste
- Helps relieve the symptoms of I.B.S. whether it be abdominal pain, bloating and constipation
- Helps relieve the pain due to dysmenorrhea and endometriosis
Q: What do you feel about having your stomach massaged? is this an area you choose to miss or not?
To book your full body massage including an abdomen massage (if you want it :)) then click the book appointment button below