What are the benefits of Massage?
Massage is a form of therapy that has benefits for both the body and the mind. It’s about more than just feeling good. Massage benefits can range from reducing stress to increasing performance, depending on your needs.
If you’re thinking of getting a massage now or in the future, here are some benefits to consider before you book an appointment whether with a therapist or by yourself at home with self-massaging tools like foam rollers and tennis balls as well as how it might be beneficial for various conditions.
- Reduces the risk of muscular strains as well as relieving repetitive strain injuries.
- Increases performance by improving flexibility, range of motion and oxygen supply to the muscle.
- Increased blood circulation enhancing muscle tone and strengthening the immune system.
- Aids in rehabilitation after injury, surgery or repetitive sporting activities such as running, cycling and rowing.
- For those who suffer from chronic pain, massage can reduce stress levels which will help the body adapt to pain, slow down degeneration and improve sleep.
- Increases joint mobility and your range of movement.
- Revitalises and invigorates as well as relax.
- Is ideal as preparation for sports, not just after.
- Maintains and improves your general health by strengthening the body’s immune system.
- Eases and reduces pain and tension.
- Soothes and relaxes the mind and body.
- Balances and boosts your body’s systems and therefore facilitates well-being.
- Relieves tired and aching muscles.
- Speeds up the removal of toxins and metabolic waste.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation.
- Promotes better sleep … and feels great!
- Massage also gives you – time to relax your mind and perhaps collect your thoughts. It calms the mind as well as the body.
Massage benefits a person in a variety of ways. Depending on the type of massage you want, there are benefits for both your body and mind. Whether you’re looking to reduce stress or increase performance before an event, these benefits can greatly improve your well-being.
If you’re interested in getting any sort of therapeutic massage, be sure to contact us today so we can discuss what would best serve your needs. We are also happy to create a plan with our services tailored specifically for what benefits will work best for you!